Also available in the following two meter brands:
View ACTOM Brand
HOLLEY View EKHWESI Brand
Holley: User Interfase Unit (UIU)
The UIU is the user prepayment user interfase, and provides a LCD to view information, and keypad to enter or request information, LED and buzzer alarm indication.
The numeric keypad has 12 keys:
Pairing UIU with the MCU (meter)
- Insert 4 AAA 1.5V batteries into the battery compartment at the rear of the
UIU to ensure operation while the load is disconnected.
- If the display is off, depress any button to wake the UIU display
- Key in 337597072666 on the UIU and press ↳ (accept button ) to reset the pairing. The SUCCEED message will apear on the LCD display.
- Key in 11 digit meter number and press the ↳ (accept button ). The UIU will send the pairing command. If UIU and meter pairs successfully, UIU-good will be displayed, else Failed will be displayed.
PDF Format: Device Specs
- The UIU will exit the pairing process automatically if the meter number is
not entered within 30min after pairing is reset.
- The UIU will exit the pairing process immediately after entering the meter
number, irrespective of successful pairing or not.
- During the pairing process, short codes, recharge tokens or test tokens
cannot be used.
- The pairing process will be exited in the event of a power failure
|Segment/symbol on LCD
||Main display for energy, tokens and instantaneous values
||Remaining credit data indicator
||UIU battery under voltage indicator
||kWh, V, A, KW Composite unit
||Tamper event alarm indicator
||Relay open / closed indicator
||Communication symbol, flashes when data exchanges underway
||Reverse current indicator
||Voltage detection indicator
|Rate of consumption (Red LED)
||Flashing Red LED indicates the rate of electricity consumption. A fast flash indicates high usage while a slow flash indicates low usage
|Alarm/relay status/ communication (bi-colour LED)
||RED: indicates relay disconnected (high priority) FLASHING RED: indicates tamper event occurred GREEN: MCU and UIU communicating
|Remaining Credit Status (bi-colour LED)
||GREEN: Remaining credit exceed the high credit threshold RED: Remaining credit below the high credit threshold FLASHING RED: Remaining credit below the lowlow credit threshold
||FLASHING RED with BUZZER: Remaining credit below the critical credit threshold. Note: when the meter in the postpaid mode, LED is GREEN
Recharging the meter
- After purchasing credit, the user will receive a 20 digit STS TOKEN
- The STS TOKEN is entered into the meter using the UIU keypad
- Entering the token, 10 seconds between inputting of consecutive digits is allowed. Exceeding this will result in the user having to restart the inputting process.
- The back one space clear button allows errors to be corrected.
- Once all digits have correctly being keyed in, the accept button transmits the token to the MCU meter
- The meter configuration software can also be used to enter the token into the meter
On entry of the token, one of the following responses are received:
||Recharge successfullyRecharge credit is 132.50kWh
||Recharge unsuccessfulEntered TOKEN has previously being entered
||Recharge unsuccessfulEntered TOKEN code is correct but this recharge credit plus remaining credit exceeds maximum credit threshold
||Recharge unsuccessfulEntered TOKEN older than the oldest TOKEN in the meter log (Overdue TOKEN)
||Recharge unsuccessfulEntered TOKEN incorrectly entered
||Recharge unsuccessfulThe security key of the Entered TOKEN has expired
Measurement and Billing:
- Active energy (import and export).
- Remaining credit.
- Instantaneous Measurement (V, I, kW, f, power factor).
- Metering Unit:
- - LED indicators provide visual indication for active power consumption rate, credit status, load switch status, alarms, mains power and "communication to CIU" status.
- Customer Interface Unit (CIU):
- - Large LCD with language independent icons.
- - Supports 3 display modes: scrolling display, manual display and power-off display.
- - Display contents are configurable.
- - LED indicators provide visual indication for credit status and alarm buzzer.
- Meter cover open.
- Terminal cover open.
- Energy reverse.
- Magnetic influence.
- Time stamp and event identification are logged for:
- - Tampering.
- - Overvoltage and Under Voltage.
- - Overload.
- - Power failure.
- - Programming.
- - Credit related events.
- IEC62055-31, IEC62052-11, IEC62053-21, IEC 62056-21, IEC 62056-61, IEC62055-41, IEC62055-51, IEC62055-52.
- STS 101-1, STS 201-1.
- Eskom standard: 240-76625601.
- Rated Current Ib = 5A.
- Max. current Imax = 80A.
- Starting Current = 0.004Ib.
- Reference Voltage Un = 230V.
- Voltage Range = 0.8Un to 1.2Un.
- MaximumWithstand Voltage = 440V (48 hrs).
- Clock accuracy (23oC) = less than 0.5s / day.
- Operation =-25oC to +70oC.
- Storage = -40oC to +85oC.
- Humidity = up to 75%.
- AC voltage test = 4 kV @ 50 Hz for 1 min
- Impulse Voltage test = 6 kV @ 1.2|50 ms.
Dimensions (h x w x d)
- Current circuit = =4VA.
- Voltage circuit = =2W/10VA.
Communication to CIU
- PLC - Multi frequency channels. 150m range dependant on noise environment.
- Multi-function LCD with backlighting.
- Electrostatic discharges (Contact discharges) = ∓8kV.
- Electrostatic discharges(Air discharges) = ∓15kV.
- Surge immunity test = ∓4kV.
- Fast transient burst test = ∓4kV.
- Electromagnetic RF fields = 10V 150kHz~80MHz.
- RTC maintained for at least 2 years in case of any power failure.
Customer Interface Unit (CIU):
- 12 digit keypad with audio feedback.
- Braille tactile on center "5" key to assist the visually impaired.
- Multi-function LCD with backlighting.
- 230V 50Hz AC power (Default).
- Battery: 4xAAA batteries (to allow recharge when credit is depleted).
Dimensions (h x w x d)
With a variety of online, mobile, ATM and EFT purchasing options, we've made it even easier for you to buy your prepaid electricity whenever and however you want to.
Replace Meter Card
If you need us to replace your pre-paid meter card, simply fill in the pdf form and e-mail it to our offices. Your request will be processed as soon as we receive your proof of payment.
Meters On Sale
Meter Prices are subject to change at any time and some meters are limited to stock on hand. If out of stock, Lead time for meter manufacturing usually takes about 6 - 8 weeks.